Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Barely Fall

The weather has been pretty sunny and warm lately. You'd have no idea that it's mid-October if you didn't look at a calendar. Luckily it's been pretty mild in the mornings. I haven't seen too much heat or too much chill. That being said, more times than not, I'm cold. I'll be the person running with ear muffs when it's sub 60 degrees. The cold wind blowing past the ears makes my head and ears too cold its painful. Sometimes I end up with a head cold because of it.

This week has been even more mild, so no need for ear muffs! However, I still end up tired and that makes it more difficult too. I was particularly tired this morning because I didn't get that much sleep last night. I'm gonna go "dream journal" for a moment and record the happenings of last night.

I woke up, still half asleep, thinking I heard the roar of a crowd coming from the TV down stairs and puppy paw steps on the hard wood. Since I was half asleep, I thought it was still the football game on downstairs and my puppy walking downstairs to tell them to come to bed, she does that sometimes. Then, I woke up completely and realized the game was way over and there wasn't actually a crowd like roar coming from anywhere. I also didn't hear the puppy paw steps anymore so I thought I was just dreaming it all up.

As I laid there, trying to go back to bed, I heard scratching on my door. It sounded like my doggy but, unlike her it was one scratch and then silence. She normally whimpers when the door doesn't magic open for her. So, then my mind started racing. It went places minds normally go during the month of Halloween (or anytime really) when it's dark and you hear something abnormal. And of course I couldn't open the door and go figure it out - that's how the characters always meet their doom! No, I was staying in my room. I wasn't about to go to bed, however, I was too scared. So I knelt down on the floor and looked under the door. I saw my puppy's paws and then her nose sniffing the floor by my door. I opened the door and my doggy was so excited to see me - even more excited than when I come back from being out all day or for a couple of days. I appreciated it but still didn't understand why she came to my room in the middle of the night.

I took her back to my parents room, worried maybe one of them was hurt, but they said it must have been the thunder. What thunder?! I'm assuming that was the roaring crowd I "heard coming from the TV." Anyway, all is well that ends well. Needless to say, I couldn't go back to bed very quickly and didn't sleep well afterwards.

That made it tough to get up this morning. I did, eventually, of course. But, between being tired from last night and tight I didn't enjoy my run as much today. I felt particularly tight behind my knee... which is strange. It definitely made it difficult to punch it up the hills. I ended up with a pretty good time despite all that - 29:08. I really expected something closer to 30, or over 30 minutes. So I am pretty pumped about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment