Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Never quit

I came to the realization the other day, while I was running, that the best running days are behind me. It's only going to get colder from here and with the cold comes tight muscles, runny noses, and lungs that refuse to operate on cold air. These upcoming runs are going to be mostly "training runs." I probably won't actually enjoy my runs again until Spring. Then I might look for some more competitive races. I don't see the fun in busting it through the uncomfortable, frigid cold for a disappointing time. I'm still in the mood to do another race, but I think I'm gonna be looking for something more about the fun and less about the competition.

That doesn't mean I won't being trying to run my best every morning. In fact I've had a few pretty good ones lately! My last 2 miler was sub 19 and my 3 miler this morning was sub 30. My most recent pr was about 27:30, which I am super stoked about! Imagine what that would have been like on a race day! I don't know how long it will take me but, I'm hoping this progress will help me meet one of my goals: to be one of the top thousand to finish the AJC Peachtree Road Race. I think I'll have to run a 7 minute mile, at least, but if that's what it takes... that's what I'll do!


No comments:

Post a Comment