Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Thank you note and Tuesday Things

Hello again, 

I meant to post about this thank you card last week when I went on my crafting rampage. haha But then I got busy. More about that stuff later. 

Anyways, since I was in a crafty mood, I decided to design my own thank you note for graduation gifts I've received. I thought it would show off my talent and be more personal.

After drafting a few choices, I settled on this one:


I love this script font, the open space it sort of captures with the swirls in the "t" and the "y", and the fact that it looks handwritten (read: personal) without being too messy. I not sure of the actual paper type because it was something I found laying around but, it was textured and slightly heavy/thick. The ink didn't stick to it too well and I was afraid it would rub off in the mail. So I sprayed it with some workable fixatif that I've had since art school. It actually gave the card a nice finished shine to it, which was an added bonus!



Now to the list of things that have been going on:


  • I started back at work yesterday. It's just my part-time I've had since high school but, it's better than nothing and the people make it worth while. 
  • I saw the last of the Hangover series this Friday. It actually wasn't bad. I liked it better than the second one because it had a different story line. There were definitely some gross parts in it but, it's The Hangover.
  • My boyfriend came to see me this weekend. We made a chicken philly cheesesteak pizza, it was fabulous!! I miss him so much during the week, it's great to spend time with him on the weekends. 
  • I have a 5k this Saturday that I'm nervous about. Looking at the previous year's times, it looks like a slow course... in other words, it's gonna have some hills. yuck. In preparation, I ran my last practice 5k today (26:22. yes!). I'll run 2 miles with my puppy tomorrow and Friday and a 10k Thursday. Hopefully, that'll get my legs ready but not feeling too tired. We shall see...
  • I have too much stuff! I just realized that I have three boxes of stuff from my apartment still sitting in my parents basement! I'm never gonna get it all organized until I move out. Which probably means I shouldn't buy more stuff... sad day.
  • I still don't have a job and I had started feeling pretty crumby about myself until I went to church on Saturday. The readings for this week seemed like they were talking specifically to me and I knew I should keep my head up and keep working towards my dreams. In particular this part of HEB 12:5-7, 11-13, "So strengthen your drooping hands and your weak knees. Make straight paths for your feet, that what is lame may not be disjointed but healed." and this part of the gospel, "Strive to enter through the narrow gate,for many, I tell you, will attempt to enter
    but will not be strong enough...And people will come from the east and the west and from the north and the south and will recline at table in the kingdom of God. For behold, some are last who will be first, and some are first who will be last.
    ” stood out and resonated the most with me. I've repeated these parts to myself in my head over the past few days when I feel weak and hopeless and I've been happier. 
  • It's sunny and almost feels like summer around here now. Now, that's it's about to be fall...
  • Is it Christmas yet??
That's all for now folks! If I kind my box of cupcake recipes I might be making more cupcakes today! First I have to find the recipe box.. it should be in one of those boxes from my apartment in my parents' basement... 

No comments:

Post a Comment