Saturday, March 17, 2012

Spring Break 2012

My last spring break has been nothing like I planned. I've never really had a "real" spring break. I'm not referencing the "Girl's Gone Wild" kind of spring break; just the get-away to a relaxing location far away from home kind of spring break. So, I decided to go all out for my last ever opportunity at a true spring break. The plan was: me + a group of my girl friends + an island off the coast of Georgia (that's about as much as my budget could afford) + lots of sunshine! I was stoked!

Until... our plans fell through. Actually the plans never really made it past the drawing board. We talked about spring break all through winter break and then when spring semester came, nothing. I fell into a studying pattern and spring break fell out of view. 

I'm not gonna lie, I was a little crushed for a while. That was my last chance at something that I had always wanted to do. But, my boyfriend, being the amazing man that he is, came through with a rather fantastic alternative: his home town!

Let me preface with the fact that my boyfriend lives in the middle of nowhere in central Georgia. Now let me repeat that: THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE! Being from the suburbs most of my life and having a fondness for city life, you can say I was more than skeptical of visiting my boyfriend's farm. (yep. farm.)

Well, I wanted a memorable spring break and that's exactly what I got! 

And it was certainly not what I expected! While it certainly is the middle of nowhere, it is more like where my dad grew up in rural Pennsylvania than the spread out, run down, slow town I was expecting (picture South Dakota or Wyoming, or the Beverly Hillbillies for that matter, and you'll be picturing what I was imagining). His house is beautiful and his farm is immaculate. There are so many pecan trees stretching into the distance that when the sun is rising or setting I would even go so far as to describe it as breath-taking! I loved it! And I loved every minute of being there! I even found a house right off the town square that I wanted him to buy for me! ;) 

Here's a quick run down of my trip.
It was:
my first time to his hometown; my first time to his home; my first time meeting his family; my first time trying his mom's cooking (delicious!); my first time riding on a Gator (not the animal kind, the 4-wheeler kind); my first time jumping on a trampoline. 

He showed me everything:
his schools, and the baseball & football fields, and the track, and the oldest State Park in the country, and a couple damns (with beautiful waterfalls), his farm and his sheller (for the pecans). 

We went to a zoo, and to a mall, and a couple sporting goods stores and out to eat, and a botanical garden, and his neighbor's house. 

We played putt-putt, and baseball, and basketball, and pool, and went running. 

And of course there was the normal: talking and cuddling and laughing. 

I never wanted to leave. Ever!

Song of the Trip:
Jay Sean- Down
My boyfriend sings the Lil' Wayne part

Recipe of the Trip:

No comments:

Post a Comment