Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

In honor of the holiday, I wanted to make something special! I love coordinating food around a theme and, even though green food can be kind of a turn off, I found a lot of inspiration for this St. Patrick's Day.

First- the internet is amazing! My first stops for planning food were tumblr, pinterest, and food network. Ironically, non of those places helped me! I ended up coming up with the following dishes (mostly) on my own! 

Lime Float

The picture doesn't do it justice. I made a lime float to drink and it was so refreshing! I'm definitely going to keep this recipe for summer! Best part- super easy! Lime sherbet + Sprite. Yum! The end.

Fried Ravioli with Basil Pesto

I don't know how much credit I can take for this one. Similarly to the drink recipe, it's pretty simple. Just store bought ravioli, breaded and fried, topped with store bought basil pesto. I suppose I could have tried harder and made all the pieces myself but, eh, I'm all for making my life easier (especially when it comes to saving me time and money!)

Mickey Mouse Cake-pop

The creme de la creme! Dessert! You can't really tell from the picture but, that is most definitely a cake-pop, with marshmallow ears to look just like Mickey Mouse! My inspiration for this wonderful confection was Disney Food Blog. I love Disney more than anything (after my boyfriend of course- he comes first!) so, I'm going to take advantage of any chance I get to incorporate Mickey into the food I make! Warning! Cake-pops are nothing but sugar! I was barely able to finish mine! (I actually probably shouldn't have but, it was so darn good!) 

For two seconds I'm going to remove my modesty and just say- I am a DARN good cook!! All of the food I made was SO good I can barely believe it! I normally don't have that much luck! I'll typically make one dish that is ok, one that is outstanding, and an other that is awful! But, this time, somehow for some reason, the cooking gods were smiling down on me and everything turned out delicious! I would offer some kind of recipe for what I made but honestly, it was a little bit of this and little bit of that, nothing set in stone. And I didn't take any recipes from anywhere online. (another reason to pat myself on the back- this all came out of my own head and I excelled with flying colors!)

Song of the Day:
Nicki Minaj- Super Bass

No comments:

Post a Comment