Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Welcome Fall!

Fall has officially arrived! I'm excited and a little sad. There were quite a few things I wanted to do with my summer that never happened. Maybe next year...

Before I spring into my plans for this fall. I should recap my runs lately... in a nut shell because, well, I haven't written in a while and tend to forget my times quickly.

I've run pretty well lately. My runs haven't been spectacular but I think, on the whole, they've been about 10 to 15 seconds better than when I started keeping track after the Peachtree. A couple of days ago, I even ran my first 10k since the Peachtree! I've had a lot on my mind lately and I needed a moment to my self, to think and relax. That's why I started running in college anyway; school got stressful and I needed to find a way release that stress. I lived right near the gym so that made running more accessible. I was never really good at running then, but now that's I've learned, running has become more important to me.

Sooo....

Back on track.... the 10k felt GREAT! My time was about 58 minutes. That's not my target Peachtree time, to be sure, but for not running that distance in a while and having little sleep the night before, I was pretty proud! Plus, race time always ends up being about two or three minutes faster than practice times so, with a practice time of 58 and some seconds I'd say I could run the Peachtree in 55 (and some seconds). Which is already better than my time this past year! Yay!!

In the mean time, I'm looking for another 5k race to do - fun and holiday-themed. Or fall/Halloween/Thanksgiving themed. Themed races are always more fun, in my opinion. I'm thinking a longer distance might be good for Thanksgiving - earn all the food I'm gonna eat! lol

Speaking of food - this month has been all about the cookie bars and grilled cheese. It's like summertime when you end up sick of all the hamburgers and hotdogs (maybe that's just me). I can't wait for the weather to get a little cooler so I can make soups and comfort foods! Yum! And with the holidays around the corner I know I'll be making plenty of black and orange goodies for halloween and plenty of pumpkin spice filled goodies for Thanksgiving and lots and LOTS of cookies for Christmas. If that's not motivation to incorporate longer runs, I don't know what is! 

No comments:

Post a Comment