Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Nothing new to report

It's been a while since I posted and I feel like I've failed myself, again. I think I have some pretty good excuses though. Most of them revolve around being out of town. A couple of weeks ago, I went up to Wisconsin to cheer on a friend competing in the USA National Championships.

While I was there, I ran almost everyday but, I don't actually know how far I ran. My foot was killing me so I just ran as far as I could without the piercing pain in my arch forcing me to walk. I think it might have been hurting worse there because of all the walking, site-seeing I was doing.

Anyway, after that, my runs have continued to be lack-luster - I've been doing around 10 minute miles for weeks with no improvement in time or feeling in my foot. I also haven't kept up my plan to complete 6 miles every two weeks. While it might be better to wait until my foot feels better before implementing longer distances, I'm afraid if I don't start soon, I'll be back in the same position from last year - training too hard in too short of a time and ending up disappointed. Hopefully, I can start getting more serious as the weather gets cooler.


No comments:

Post a Comment